Petr Vacek was born on March 30, 1989 in Pilsen. He has been studying the accordion since the age of six, first at the Art School (Věra Blašková, Jan Kotrč), and from 2005 to 2011 at the conservatory (Jarmila Vlachová senior). During his studies, he participated in a number of competitions and won many awards.
- Two-time winner of the national round of ZUŠ competitions
- Four-time winner of the international accordion competition in Klingenthal, Germany (in 2004 he became the absolute winner across all categories)
- Conservatory competition - absolute winner of the national round (2007), the prize of the jury was the offer of filming for Slovak Television (the documentary was made in 2008).
- World Accordion Competition in Castelfidard (Italy) - 7th place
- In 2007, the 700 Years of the City of Pilsen Foundation awarded Petr Vacek the Pilsen Orpheus Award for extraordinary representation of the Pilsen Region in the field of classical music.
- Petr Vacek gives concerts in our country and in Europe, in September 2010 he undertook a concert tour of Japan (16 concerts). - In June 2011, he performed the Czech premiere of the composition Aconcagua by Astor Piazzolla accompanied by a symphony orchestra.
- 2011 - 2013 studies in France with the excellent world accordionist and pedagogue Fréderic Deschamps.
- In 2014, he recorded the CD "George Gershwin - The Man Who Didn't Leave" with the well-known Czech mezzo-soprano Edita Adlerová
- Since 2017, he has been organizing the first purely accordion master classes in the Czech Republic in Dobřany at the local Elementary Art School, where he also teaches Accordion.
- Since 2019 he has been the official delegate and jury of the worldwide accordion competition Trophée Mondiale (CMA)